So, the other day the people at http://snippets.wordpress.com/ nominated me for something called the Liebster Award. I was really pleased about this and thought I was actually going to receive some sort of award and marry a supermodel. So, to celebrate me and my friends (some real, some imaginary) went to the pub and got completely battered. Unfortunately, when I woke up the next morning in a pool of my own vomit, piss and self-disgust, I realised that the award was a sort of strange imaginary virus, passed from one new blog to the next to generate readership. This is good, but I really wanted to marry a supermodel. Oh well.
11 facts about myself.
1) I’m a male
2) I’m 20
3) I have a cat called Dusty, but I haven’t seen her in bloody ages, so I think she’s actually dead. She was extremely fat and very old. Decrepit in fact.
4) Friends tend to be really nice and important.
5) Sometimes when I’m lonely I dress up as a woman and expose myself to passers-by.
6) My favourite food is pizza, and no matter where I am in the world, I will always seek out pizza.
7) I used to play the bass guitar, but decided to pack it in when I realised I was a) shit and b) couldn’t be arsed to put the time in.
8) I’m quite skinny and have been referred to as ‘skin and bones’, a ‘skeleton’ and most recently, and most imaginatively, a ‘worm’.
9) Until the age of 17 I was very, very small. It was a worrying period of time.
10) I am prone to very vacuous, wanky and clichéd philosophical phrases such as ‘life is one learning curve’, ‘never say never’ and ‘don’t live in regret’. For those around me, it’s annoying.
11) I think one should never live in regret, accept life is one learning curve and never say never. Know what I mean?
My answers to the questions:
1. If you could live in any fantasy universe, what would it be and why?
I’d definitely want to live in Westeros (the universe from the Game of Thrones books/TV show for all you unenlightened people). The reasoning behind this is because a) it’s an incredibly detailed, nuanced and fascinating universe that has been created and b) I want to know what house I’d be in or what character I’d be like (yes I am aware that is very egotistical but fuck it)
2. What is your favourite book?
Erm that’s a very difficult question and the answer is wholly dependent on my state of mind. But if you really press me I’d probably say Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
3. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
Definitely a cheetah because they’re sleek, slim, toned and really, really fast and they just look so great. I’ve always loved cheetahs and I still love them, and I want to be one.
4. If you had one wish what would it be?
To know what to do in basically every sphere of my life.
5. What is one thing you would like to achieve before you die?
I’d like to make some sort of positive difference to the world, be it micro or macro. I’d also quite like to have a load of children at some point and begin a tiny little empire.
6. Do you believe in the supernatural?
Not really. Except for werewolves because I watched an episode of Goosebumps when I was like 4 about werewolves and it scared me so much, so I’ve never been able to shake the nagging feeling that werewolves exist. As a result, I always have a rifle and silver bullets on my person, but apparently the police aren’t too keen on that. Not entirely sure why really, it’s a bit of mystery.
7. What are you most looking forward to at the moment?
Hmmm. Probably my third, and final, year of university.
8. Have you ever considered changing your name? If yes, what would you change it to?
Yeah. My name is Fionn (but its pronounced Finn) so as a youngster I used to get quite a lot of stick for my name because kids are really clever so used to call my Fionn the Fish because fish have fin’s, or even more intelligently Fiona. Also, supply teachers would always say my name wrong, and pronounce it Fi-on and then everyone would laugh at me. So, for quite a long time I really wanted my name to be Paul and when I created characters on video games, like Zelda for example, I always called them Paul. But now, I love my name and am really happy about it which is genuine.
9. What is the one place on earth you would most like to visit?
Brazil. Specifically Rio.
10. Do you prefer to walk or travel by vehicle?
Walking is actually really nice and is good for the soul, brain, head (for obvious reasons) but also for the arse because your arse gets really toned and nice and all the girls will want to touch it.
11. What is your favourite part of the day?
I quite like the window between 7-11. That’s nice.
1) What’s your favourite form of clothing?
2) What’s your favourite album?
3) Who do you most look up to, and why?
4) What is more uncomfortable: being really desperate for a wee or being really desperate for a poo?
5) Beach or mountains?
6) What’s your favourite food?
7) How many times have you smiled in your life?
8) What was your favourite cartoon as a child?
9) What’s your favourite cartoon now? Has it changed?
10) Did you ever mange to get a shiny Charizard?
11) Ant or Dec?
And finally, the 11 blogs I am going to nominate for this ghostly award are: